Vacation - Day 5

After spending the last 5 days sitting in my favorite spot on the swing outside in the shade and watching my little monsters run and play in the yard, I've come to realize what I've been missing while I'm at work. The pure bliss of being a stay at home mom.

I love my boys very much. They are the light of my life and keep me on my toes. It makes me sad when one of them falls off the front step and uses his face to cushion his fall. Poor little guy, it looks a lot worse today now that it's scabbed over, but he didn't cry very long and was a good sport about letting me clean it and put some anti-biotic cream on. He was back running around a few minutes later.

In the afternoon we went to the zoo with my mom and a few of my siblings. We haven't been to the zoo since my youngest was a few days old, so that would be a few weeks shy of two years. So much has changed yet so much is the same from when I worked there as a teen. Being there brought back so many memories.

The goat barn with its rank smell and the goat poo that looked like coco pebbles that you had to remind the kids not to eat. The Kongo station that no one visited so we played mancala all afternoon. The hidden trail behind the zebra enclosure that was a short cut to the top of the park. Oh so many times we got in trouble. Those were the days.

Now I get to take my family to the zoo and share all the exciting sights with them. Check out some of these photos from our trip.















No comments:

Post a Comment